If you’ve poked around our website at all, you’ve probably seen The Self-Publishing Handbook. We’re running a Goodreads giveaway where you can enter to win a paperback copy (it ends tonight, so get in on it while you can!), and you can download a free PDF of the book any time here.
The Self-Publishing Handbook is one of thousands of books on self-publishing. A quick Amazon.com search returns 83, 869 results for “Self-Publishing Books.” So what makes this book different?
Let us count the ways.
1. Only the important stuff, all in one place. The Internet is chock full of information on self-publishing–some of it good, a lot of it very, very bad. The Self-Publishing Handbook is a bullshit survival guide. With so much fluff floating around, facts can get misconstrued and information buried under opinion. The Self-Publishing Handbook sticks to concrete, necessary information. If you’re looking for a “follow your dreams” sort of book, this isn’t it. If you’re looking for a practical guide to self-publishing, read this book.
2. It’s a quick, easy read. It takes skill to effectively disseminate tricky information into laymen’s terms (while not alienating folks with a bit of experience), and that’s exactly what Brad Pauquette has done here. Publishing jargon is quickly explained, and pricing formulas are broken down into fathomable equations. If you turn off the TV, you can finish this book in an evening (it clocks in at around 100 pages). Although it’s compact, I guarantee you’ll be thumbing back through it for reference. It’s really that helpful.
3. Straight to the point. Self-publishing isn’t a hobby, it’s a business. If you’re looking to publish a book and sell it to people other than your mom, spouse, and friends who owe you a favor, The Self-Publishing Handbook can help you. Prepare to take a hard look at your manuscript.
4. Other people like it. Everyone knows if enough people like something, it must be good for you. Here’s what folks who have bought the book on Amazon are saying about The Self-Publishing Handbook:
“After reading it, I now have a much deeper understanding of how to apply traditional publishing principles in my own self-publishing. Most importantly, it makes the whole process seem very doable and realistic.”
“Brad Pauquette has made my job a lot easier. As a newspaper editor and author of a couple of books myself, I have no shortage of people asking me how to get their book published. Now I can tell them: ‘Buy yourself a copy of Brad Pauquette’s book, The Self Publishing Handbook and follow his advice because he will tell you everything you need to know.'”
5. It’s FREE. Enter to win one of five paperback copies of the book on Goodreads here, or download the PDF for free at any time here.
FULL DISCLOSURE: We are a self-publishing company. We hope that you’ll read this book and decide to work with us, but if you decide we’re not for you, I hope you’ll still read this book and save yourself some time, money and frustration.
Questions about self-publishing? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Goodreads Book Giveaway
The Self-Publishing Handbook
by Brad Pauquette
Giveaway ends January 28, 2015.
See the giveaway details